Sunday, April 26, 2009

More Green Stuff

Putting together the wargs for my warg riders I quickly realized I needed to do more green stuff work. With the horses I just needed to do down the back, but with these guys there's a big gap down one side of the neck too. On the horses, that gap blends in with the harness, so isn't necessary to fill, but on these guys it really shows. I've started painting these guys now, and I regret that I didn't go to the extra effort of filling in the short gap that exists parallel to the body between the shoulder blades. It's not as noticeable as the gap on the side was, but it's still visible. Hopefully it won't be too visible once the riders are on.

By the way, in case you are wondering, the warg rider kit can be used to build six wargs without riders. It includes pieces to fill the gap in the back where the rider sits. Unlike the Knights of Minas Tirith, it also includes pieces to fill the extra hole in the base that's left after you mount the figure, but I'll probably just do the same think I did with the knights and fill it with a little green stuff before finishing the base.


No comments:

Post a Comment