Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Gamus Interruptus II

I almost forgot about game night tonight, and since I was running late I went ahead and called first before heading over, just to make sure that my opponent was going to be there. He was there, but family issues meant that he was leaving. Again, something completely out of his control, so I'm not complaining, just explaining why I wasn't able to get in a game of LotR. There's a good chance he won't be able to make it next week either, in which case I may try to get in a game of D&D if there's still room in the Dungeon Delving group. There's been a lot of interest in it, so it may be full by now.

I have to say that the upcoming price increase for GW miniatures may kill my budding interest in War of the Ring. A current box of most plastic cavalry is six for $25. A pre-order box of six Galadhrim Knights is $33. That's a pretty significant increase, especially if the infantry boxes go up by a similar amount. It pretty much removes the argument that WotR is affordable compared to the other GW games. While I could still afford to play, it will probably keep anyone else in this area from considering it, thus eliminating any possible opponents.

I'll still play LotR, but it probably means that my plans for expanding at least one of those forces into a WotR army will never come to pass.

In the meantime, I've been painting 15mm miniatures for Flames of War. I've painted about 30 more Soviet troops, adding to the around 50 or so that I had already painted, although I'm waiting to base them all until I get another platoon of SMG troops painted so I can do them all at once. For now, I'm taking a break from the troops and am working on a new objective marker. I'll post some photos of that either here or on Panzer Tracks eventually. I've also assembled a T-34/85 and am debating whether to paint it up or assemble the other four that I have first.

No comments:

Post a Comment