Thursday, March 26, 2009

Warriors of Minas Tirith: Day Eleven



I achieved the goals I set for myself of getting everything washed, and basing the test model. I also had to do a bit of touchup to areas I missed before, but not much. The main thing being that I missed a glove on one model.

I'll probably need to give the models a second wash, but I'll wait and see what I think tomorrow. If they do need a second wash, then that will be tomorrow's goal. If not, then I'll start on the basing. The hard part is all done now, so I'm not as concerned about sticking to a schedule. If I can get an early start then I can get all the basing done in one day, but you have to wait at least an hour or so between each step before going on to the next one, so it's just as likely to take up to three more days to get it all done, once I get started on it.

Below you can see my test model with the basing finished. The glue is still wet in the photo, once it dries you won't see the white stuff at the base of the grass. I'm trying the current line of Citadel sand and static grass for these models. I've been using some old Citadel mixed sand, which was of finer grain, and I want to make sure I keep enough of it to finish up the projects I started with it. The new stuff still works well with my method of dropping a brown wash on it and a bit of static grass to break things up and cover up any gaps.

Once everything is based I'll need to spray a couple of coats of varnish on them and they'll be done.



No comments:

Post a Comment