Friday, August 15, 2008

Mayday... Mayday... This is Free Trader Beowulf...

We're finally getting my online Traveller game underway. We've been working on it for a few weeks now, but character generation has taken longer than I expected. We've still got a bit of work to do on some of the characters, but we can finish that up as we play. I've been playing in my friend Griffin's play-by-post Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay game for a while now, but this is my first attempt to run one. If I do this again I will probably either use pre-gens or set a deadline for character submission, after which players get assigned a pre-gen.

I'm really excited about this game as I'm going to run it based on The Traveller Adventure, one of my favorite old Classic Traveller (CT) products. Like most CT adventures, it needs a lot of tweaks to actually make work, but it has some interesting situations for the players to deal with. Of course, I suspect the players will derail things almost immediately, but I won't be too disappointed if that happens. Traveller can be a great game to wing things with, and I'm just really happy to be playing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment