Monday, July 06, 2009

Craters


Finished up one of the craters. I'm pleased with how it turned out, although it brings up an issue with the terrain painting kit: not enough ochre paint for the drybrushing. The bottle was only about half-full to begin with, and drybrushing uses it up fast. Even considering that you're only going to be drybrushing the stuff that isn't going to be covered by static grass, I still don't see how there's possibly going to be enough to do a Realm of Battle table.

I may have to find a suitable craft paint substitute just to finish up the craters.

After the craters I'll probably try to work on the Arcane Ruins, which means a trip to the craft store anyway. I'll also probably pick up some compressed air for my new Citadel air brush when I go, so I may get sidetracked in learning how to use that on some of my old IG vehicles.

No comments:

Post a Comment