Saturday, January 14, 2012

What I'm Up To

What I'm up to in gaming:

Roleplaying:  Still hosting the weekly Magpie Gaming Night, although we're also still trying to make it a bit less Magpie-ish.  The last few games have all been multi-session rather than one-shots, although a couple of them have featured only one adventure spread over multiple sessions.  These games have included Dungeon World, Ashen Stars, Pendragon, and a playtest of Jason Morningstar's upcoming game Durance.  That order also indicates the order of overall satisfaction that the group appears to have had with each game.  No intended slight on Durance, as it was a playtest after all.

Pendragon is the current game of choice for most of the group, although we intend to re-visit Ashen Stars, and possibly Dungeon World.  We're attempting the Great Pendragon Campaign, but disinterest from one of the players may eventually derail it before its conclusion.  This is a pretty ambitious project for a group called "Magpie," but it's something that I've wanted to do for a long time now, and there's a great deal of enthusiasm for it from some of the other players.  We'll just have to see how it goes.

Board Gaming:  Board Game Night is still on hiatus.  We started discussing a return at the beginning of December, but that's been derailed by developments discussed below, and will likely continue to be something that I'm unable to take the lead on.  I'd love to attend one if someone else would step up to run it, but that doesn't seem to be very likely at this point.

Miniatures Gaming:  Dead.  I get the itch to do something with miniatures every once in a while, but I haven't even found the time to go play a game where the miniatures were being provided by someone else, let alone try to work on some of my own.

Computer Games:  Star Wars the Old Republic is the "development" mentioned above in board gaming.  I've been playing the heck out of this.  The license combined with overall solid game play has hooked me in more than any MMOG since the last Star Wars MMOG first came out.  There's a few bugs, and the end game needs a bit of polish, or possibly just more people I know to hit 50...

2 comments:

Michael said...

What server did you end up playing on in TOR?

Fulminata said...

Most of my characters are on Keller's Void, although I have some Imperial alts on Nathema, and a single character on Lord Adraas.

Post a Comment