Monday, May 30, 2011

Where are my Posts?

My posts have been far less frequent this year than last year, but if anything I've actually been commenting on more things, it just hasn't been here. If you're crazy enough to care about what I have to say you should also check out my posts on goodreads.com and my comments on games on boardgamegeek.com. My comments there are a lot shorter than my posts here, but I try to make at least some comment on every book I read and every game I play.

I also have a number of drafts saved that I haven't posted for one reason or another. Some are simply rants that I had to write, but thought twice about posting. Others have a timeliness factor that has long since passed. Still, there are several that I hope to post once I get around to either finishing them or doing an edit.

One of the reasons that some of these posts are languishing in the draft folder is that I'm more self-conscious about what I post since linking this blog to my Facebook account. Before, only those that chose to subscribe to my blog were hit with updates, but now everyone on my facebook list, a minority of which are gamers, get spammed with my updates. I thought about un-linking the blog, but response I got to that idea indicates that some of my Facebook friends follow the blog through Facebook now, so I'm going to hold off on doing that.

Instead, I'm going to try to get over my self-consciousness and just post to the blog. If you're one of my Facebook friends and you've never found anything posted here interesting, then you may just want to ignore my NetworkedBlogs updates. It should be simple enough to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment