Monday, August 16, 2010

All Good Things...

A couple of posts ago I discussed Liz' Dogs in the Vineyard campaign, and how much I was enjoying it. What I didn't mention was that for a variety of reasons, Liz was considering ending it early. Unfortunately, she has decided to do so.

We had one final session to wrap up the events of the town of Angel's Rest, but it looks like that will be it for the campaign.

For any who might be interested, the dogs confronted the midwife who was suspected of performing abortions (again, a reminder that the morality of DitV is very different from that of my own, see my previous posts on the game for more details on the setting if you are unfamiliar with it). She admitted to her crimes, was unrepentant, and was thus sentenced to the usual punishment for murderers by the dogs.

The end result was that the midwife was gunned down in the middle of town by the dogs as she attempted to flee her execution. My character ended up providing the coup de grace to put her out of her misery after giving her a chance to speak a few final words.

While the dogs felt completely justified in the actions they took, my character did take some fallout which allowed me to give him a new d4 attribute: "so much blood". If the campaign were to continue I could use this as a seed of doubt to possibly cause him to question his actions.

I suspect that if I get the opportunity to play in another Dogs campaign that I will play a variation of this same character, as I find the potential for such a character quite interesting over an extended period of play.

1 comment:

Jabbott said...

I'm considering working up a hack of the game that I may call something along the lines of "Wolves on the Tundra". Basically just changing up some setting details; putting it in the far North and making it mainstream Christian instead of Mormanism. May try to work up a campaign once I get the redone setting put together. Also want to look at Vincent Baker's official hack of his own system where he re-does it for urban horror games. AND a Jedi in the Vineyard game would still be fun. LOL! Its just such a great system I can totally see myself coming back to it again and again.

Post a Comment