Friday, February 16, 2007

Warmachine Project

DSC00979
I've had the Khador starter box for literally years now. I assembled the miniatures a few months after getting it. About a year later I got around to priming the miniatures, and it was then over a year before I got around to painting them. Basically, I didn't know what I wanted to paint them. The basic scheme of red is attractive, but red is a pain in the butt to paint. Finally I had an inspiration in the form of my Soviet army for Flames of War. Khador is obviously influenced by Russian themes, so it was a bit of a natural leap to simply take the WWII color scheme for the Soviet army and apply it to my Khador forces.

I started with Sorscha using basic Russian infantry colors:
uniform: Model Color 880 Khaki Grey
cloak: Model Color 874 USA Tan-Earth
armor: Model Color 894 Russian Green
holster: Model Color 821 Germ. Cam. Beige WWII
insignia: Model Color 947 Red over a Model Color 951 White base
skin: Game Color 3 Pale Flesh
exposed metal: Game Color 54 Gunmetal Metal
hat and fur trim: Game Color 43 Beasty Brown
pistol butt: Model Color 875 Beige Brown (this appears identical to the above color)
hair and boots: black (left primer showing)

The Warjacks were even easier:
painted metal: Model Color 894 Russian Green
exposed metal: Game Color 54 Gunmetal Metal
insignia and eyes: Model Color 947 Red over a Model Color 951 White base
metal details: Model Color 801 Brass

That was it for the starter box, which is what is shown above. Since then I've started work on the rest of my 500 point force that includes the above miniatures, plus a Greylord Ternion unit, a unit of Doom Reavers, and a unit of Widowmakers (which replaced Alexia that I used in my first battle described in a prior post). The first two are done except for basing and clearcoating. The Widowmakers are only primed, but I should be able to get to them soon.

For the Greylord Ternion I used the above colors, plus the following:
axe handle: Model Color 875 Beige Brown
leather parts: Model Color 984 Flat Brown

The Doom Reavers use a similar scheme plus the following:
hair: Game Color 39 Plague Brown & Game Color 45 Charred Brown

I expect that the Widowmakers will use the same color schemes, but will update this later if they end up needing some other colors.

I'll also do a post with pictures of these units once they are finished, as well as an article on how I plan to expand them to a 750 point force.

No comments:

Post a Comment